The neck is an easy area to ignore in our beauty routine, but it deserves the same attention that we give our faces for staying beautiful! It’s important to extend your skin care regimen to your neck, especially sunscreen! As we get older, the muscles of the neck start to weaken and the skin loses elasticity. Here are the best options to get your neck looking and feeling great this year!
1. THERMIsmooth treatment. I am very excited to start offering THERMIsmooth treatments in my office! This device uses radiofrequency energy to heat up underlying tissues to promote collagen growth. The application of heat penetrates several layers of the skin causing collagen to contract and tighten the skin. This is an effective, non-invasive procedure that feels like a hot-stone massage!
2. Neck Cream. Neck cream is an excellent first step to kick start your neck regimen. I love using my KD Lift It Up Neck Cream! It contains a biomimetic ceramide complex to nourish skin and improve elasticity, firming peptides to firm skin and reduce the signs of aging, and niacinamide to support healthy collagen production and brightens skin. It also contains Leontopodium Alpinum Callus Culture which helps lift and tighten skin to address the appearance of sagging.
3. Botox for muscle bands. Botox is an excellent option to treat the appearance of platysmal bands. These neck muscles contract when we grimace and make certain facial expressions. As we age, the platysmal bands begin to droop and stretch out. Botox can be used to smooth these bands by preventing the muscles from contracting.
4. Fillers for horizontal lines. Horizontal necklines often become more defined as we age. We are also adding to the appearance of these horizontal creases by constantly looking down at our phones. The filler is a great option to reduce the appearance of these stubborn lines!
5. Lymphatic Massage after Kybella. Kybella is an amazing product to eliminate stubborn submental fat. Kybella is a fat melting enzyme called Deoxycholic acid. Following this treatment, however, there can be quite a bit of swelling. Lymphatic massage is a great way to help resolve this swell by moving extra fluid away from the area! Using both hands, start by gently placing both hands beneath the midline of your chin. Next, carry your hands laterally and down toward your collar bones in an upside down “J” motion.
Keep your neck young and radiant this year, beauties!