Hearing loss affects everyone, whether it is someone you love or yourself. Testing for hearing loss is simple. If you think you might need a hearing test, here are the top ten signs to look out for.
- You want the volume to be turned up louder than everyone else in the room
- You ask others to repeat what they said more than a few times a day, especially when you are in a noisy room
- You hear a ringing sound (tinnitus) in one or both ears
- You are positive that people are mumbling, especially women and small children
- You find yourself avoiding social situations because you know you’re going to struggle to hear what people are saying
- You hear better out of one ear than the other
- You dread answering the phone because you know you’re going to have a problem understanding the person on the other end
- You have a harder time hearing later in the day than early in the morning
- Your loved ones are begging you to get your hearing checked
The average person waits 5 to 7 years before they decide to do something about their hearing loss. With the proper medical care, those are years that could have been spent hearing the finer things in life.