MY NAME IS DR. KAY AND I'M A PHYSICIAN AND FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON BASED IN LA. I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE LOOK AND FEEL THEIR BEST! CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYBYDRKAY TO SEE SOME OF MY WORK.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
The motherly figure in your life deserves more than just flowers this Mother's Day. Try these heartwarming gifts that show her how much you appreciate her!
- Candles: Candles are great because there is a scent out there for every mom!
- Amazon Echo: Give your mom a helping hand with Amazon's Alexa!
- FitBit: Help get your mom started on her fitness journey! Kickstart her workouts by joining her during hikes or walks!
- Cashmere Socks: Don't let your mom walk on anything but the softest materials! Cashmere socks are a simple, but very useful gift.
- Facial Package: Give a gift that both you and your mother can enjoy! First time peel at our office is $50!
Like Mother, Like Daughter
As women age, many of them find themselves thinking "I look just like my mom!" and maybe not in the way they want to. Many women who get an upper and lower blepharoplasty have mother's who had to undergo the same procedure. Each decade you age will show different signs of aging in the face, many of which you may have seen in your own mothers. Here are some things to look out for as you hit your 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s.
- 30s: In your 30s you may notice sun damage starting to take effect. You will begin to see the formation of wrinkles caused by sun damage. This is a great time to incorporate SPF into your daily routine if you haven't already. You should also start using a retinol to control your oil glands and reduce pore size. Dr. Kay's own retinol formula, Diamond Line Refine, is loved by many!
- 40s: In your 40s you may begin to see more pronounced wrinkles and dark spots. Dry skin may begin to be a problem for many and that is because more dead skin cells are forming on your skin due to decreasing hormone levels. Try Botox to fight these deep wrinkles and Dr. Kay's Brightening Pads to combat those pesky dark spots!
- 50s: You may feel your face get significantly heavier in your 50s and that's because wrinkles deepen and your facial fat has diminished significantly. Replacing areas of low facial fat is the only way to create a more youthful face, this is achieved through the use of fillers. This is a great time to either consider surgery or Sculptra for long term volume building results.
- 60s: In your 60s, your jowls will become even more prominent and your eye sockets may seem more hollow. All of these aging changes are due to loss of facial fat. Many people at this time consider facelifts or a blepharoplasty. For those who aren't ready to go under the knife, fillers are still a great option for maintenance.
Mother's Day Activities
The classic Mother's Day meal is brunch! You can never go wrong with this little date. Staying at home and serving your mom a home-cooked meal can be just as special and just as delicious as going out to a fancy feast. Don't be stingy on the sweets and treats! This is a day to treat her!
This Mother's Day date is a sneaky way to treat yourself while also treating your mom. Dedicating an entire day to just pampering yourselves seems like the best way to spend Mother's Day. Get manicures, facials, and massages all in the name of Mother's Day!
A movie date is great for those who haven't had a chance to catch up on the most recent blockbusters and just want to spend some quality time with their mothers. Whether you are going to a movie theater or staying at home to watch the movie, let your mom choose! She had to deal with all of your cartoons playing on the television while you were growing up, so give her this opportunity to watch what she wants to watch.
Pamper Mom at Home!
DIY Brown Sugar Body Scrub
1. Combine 1/2 cup lotion and five tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl or jar.
2. Mix in 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar and three tablespoons of ground oatmeal until the scrub has a paste-like consistency.
3. Gently smooth the mixture across your arms and legs, avoiding the face.
4. Rinse, pat skin dry, and follow with your favorite moisturizer for the ultimate, at-home spa experience.
DIY Avocado Hydration Mask
1. Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
Keep up with me on Instagram! @beautybydrkay